The most important point of our contract (below) is that if YOU (the client) directly hire any staff that you have been introduced to through Show Support for a period of up to 12 months after the Crew Member leaves the employ of Show Support, you will pay a Recruitment Fee of $10,000, even if:
- You approach them for work directly;
- They approach you directly looking for work;
- They give you their resume at any time (even if the resume was given to you before Show Support provided the services of them to you);
- They respond to your job advertisement; or
- If they have previously worked for you when you were at a different company or did work for you personally.
About Show Support
- Show Support is a recruiter of Temporary Staff.
- It is also a provider of Temporary Staff to clients in the event management industry.
Temporary Staff Bookings
- Bookings can be made with Show Support for the provision of Temporary Staff.
- You must make all Bookings with Show Support using Show Support’s nominated online booking system at www.showsupport.com.au. Show Support may in its absolute discretion accept a Booking that is not made using Show Support’s nominated online booking system.
- In consideration for your payment of the Fees, Show Support agrees, during the Contract Term, to procure the provision of event support services by Temporary Staff (the Services) for your events each time you make a Booking which is accepted by Show Support.
- Each time you make a Booking, you will be deemed to have made an offer to Show Support for Show Support to provide the Services specified in your Booking in relation to the event specified in the Booking. Bookings are not binding upon Show Support until and unless accepted by Show Support. Show Support will notify you via email if it accepts your Booking.
- Each time Show Support accepts a Booking, a separate contract will be deemed to have been formed between you and Show Support consisting of the Booking for the provision of the Services for the event specified in the Booking, any quotation that Show Support has provided to you with respect to the Booking, any email from Show Support to you containing the quotation and any attachments to the email (collectively, the Booking Contract). You cannot assign or otherwise transfer your rights under the Booking Contract to any third party without Show Support’s prior written consent.
- You must make all amendments, alterations and cancellations to Bookings by contacting Show Support directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must not make any amendments, alterations or cancellations in any other way, including via any Temporary Staff.
- Any amendments, alterations or cancellations agreed to between you and any Temporary Staff.
- Each Booking must specify that you wish to engage Show Support to procure the provision of General Crew to the Site for a period of no less than 3 hours and that you wish to engage Show Support to procure the provision of a Crew Chief to the Site for the relevant event where 4 or more Crew (inclusive of the Crew Chief) are specified in a Booking.
- Where your Booking specifies that you wish to engage Show Support to procure the provision of a Rigger to provide Services at the Site, you must specify in the Booking that you require the Rigger for a period of no less than 4 hours and participate in a consultation process with Show Support as determined by Show Support.
- Show Support reserves the right to refuse to procure the supply of the applicable Services or to suspend or terminate any Booking Contract if
- you have a greater amount of weight to rig than the Rigger estimates the applicable points, beams or roof will allow;
- you do not supply Show Support with adequate engineering drawings of the Site with the load bearings clearly marked;
- the Rigger deems any of the rigging equipment supplied by you (including slings, chain blocks or motors) as incorrectly rated or unsafe;
- at any time during the provision of the Services, the Rigger is not provided with a permanent Groundie; or
- you do not supply Show Support with sufficient plans that specify the exact location of points, the estimated load to be rigged and the load bearing of the beams or points.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the work site is safe and suitable for the provision of the Services.
- If the provision of Services is deemed unsafe due to any of the circumstances described in clause 4.9 and/or the Rigger and/or any other Temporary Staff has refused to perform the Services because one or more of them considers there to be any safety issue with respect to the Site, you agree to pay the Fees for the Services to Show Support as if the Services had been provided.
- If You wish to make a Booking of a Rigger, SHS strongly advises that you make the Booking during the planning process of your event so that Show Support can assist you in acknowledging the regulations required by law with respect to your event and in organising the correct equipment for the event. This rigging consultation service will be provided at standard rigging rates as advertised on the Show Support website at www.showsupport.com.au and will be charged to you on a time and materials basis with a minimum 4 hour charge. You acknowledge that Show Support is not a legal advisor and that any assistance provided by Show Support during the rigging consultation service is for general information purposes only and is not legal advice. You must obtain your own independent legal advice to ensure that you are aware of all relevant laws, regulations and legal obligations.
- If you cancel a Booking Contract that involves one or more Temporary Staff who are not General Crew, you agree to pay Show Support 100% of the Fees that would have been payable under the Booking Contract had the Services the subject of the Booking Contract been performed, regardless of the amount of notice given for the cancellation. Temporary Staff who are not General Crew include EG Riggers, Audio Technicians, Lighting Operators, Heavy Vehicle Drivers, Forklift Operators and EWP Operators.
- If you cancel a Booking Contract and the Booking is only for General Crew and you cancel the Booking Contract 48 hours or more before any Temporary Staff is to provide the Services, you agree to pay Show Support 50% of the Fees that would have been payable under the Booking Contract had the Services the subject of the Booking Contract been performed
- If you cancel a Booking Contract and the Booking is only for General Crew, and you cancel the Booking Contract less than 48 hours before any Temporary Staff is to provide the Services, you agree to pay Show Support 100% of the Fees that would have been payable under the Booking Contract had the Services the subject of the Booking Contract been performed.
Price and payment
- You must pay Show Support the Fees in accordance with the Payment Terms, without setoff, counterclaim or deduction.
- The Payment Terms are as follows:
- all invoices issued by Show Support to you must be paid within 7 days of receipt either by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to the account which appears on the bottom of the invoices, or by sending a cheque made out to Show Support and posted to PO BOX 50 BARDWELL PARK NSW 2207;
- all EFT payments must have the invoice number specified and if the invoice number is not specified on the EFT transaction a $105.00 administration fee shall also be payable by you to Show Support within 7 days of demand by Show Support.
- Any queries regarding any Show Support invoice concerning dates/times/crew numbers/breaks/skills/rates etc. must be made within 24 hours of your receipt of the invoice. After 2 Business Days following receipt of the invoice, the invoice will be deemed to be true and correct in all respects and shall no longer be subject to any requests for amendment.
- The Fees are exclusive of GST. You shall, on receipt of a valid tax invoice from Show Support, pay to Show Support such amounts in respect of GST as are chargeable on the supply of the Services. You must pay any applicable GST at the same time as the Fees, in accordance with the Payment Terms.
- You must indemnify Show Support from and against any costs including debt recovery and legal costs (on a full indemnity basis) incurred by Show Support in the course of enforcing the Payment Terms.
Breaks and penalties
- You agree to ensure that Temporary Staff are given a half hour break every 4 hours unless their shift is due to finish in the 5th hour (Break).
- You must pay a penalty rate (of 1.5 times the standard hourly Fees) if a Temporary Staff has worked more than 10 hours (not including a Break).
- You must pay a penalty rate (of 2 times the standard hourly Fees) if a Temporary Staff has worked more than 12 hours (not including a Break).
- You must pay a penalty rate (of 2 times the standard hourly Fees) if a Temporary Staff is called back to work after a 10 hour or longer shift without being given a 10 hour break.
- You agree to ensure that where Services are to be performed on a Public Holiday, Bookings are made for a period of no less than 4 hours and you must pay a penalty rate (of 2 times the standard hourly Fees) in such circumstances.
- You agree to ensure that where Services are to be performed on a Sunday, a penalty rate charged in accordance with the Fair Work Act 2010 is paid and the Booking is for a period of no less than 4 hours.
- Show Support may choose not to charge the penalty rates referred to in clauses 7.2 to 7.6 in order to remain competitive.
- You must contact Show Support immediately via telephone in the event of an accident and/or injury to Temporary Staff.
- Show Support will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that Temporary Staff providing the Services in a corporate environment wear appropriate attire, namely neat long black pants, jeans or cargo pants in winter, black shorts in summer, black safety boots with steel caps and the Show Support grey (or black for Crew Chiefs) short sleeved 100% cotton polo shirt.
- You agree to ensure that Temporary Staff are able to reasonably and safely return to their residences after providing Services. Without limiting the foregoing provisions:
- you must ensure that the Temporary Staff finish each event at the same place that they started working on the event, or provide the Temporary Staff with a taxi fare or safe transport home;
- you cannot leave Temporary Staff stranded at the end of a job.
- Notwithstanding clause 8.3(a), if you wish for Temporary Staff to return to your factory or other premises outside of Business Hours:
- you must advise Show Support of this at the time of the Booking;
- Show Support will endeavour to get someone on the bump out that has transport for the crew to transport the Temporary Staff back to the residences of those Temporary Staff. If Show Support is unable to do so you must provide the Temporary Staff with a taxi fare or safe transport to their residences.
- You agree that the following is prohibited:
- treating Temporary Staff in a hostile, threatening or derogatory manner;
- yelling at, screaming at, speaking down to Temporary Staff;
- refusing Temporary Staff their allocated Breaks.
- You must ensure that Temporary Staff are treated with respect and with at least the same level of due respect that your own employees are treated with, including in relation to the provision of meals and breaks. Without limiting the foregoing provisions, during any event the subject of a Booking, if you provide your employees with meals or catering you must also provide Temporary Staff with meals and catering.
- You must not use the word “loader” in a derogatory way when referring to Temporary Staff.
- You must permit any Temporary Staff to have a 10 minute rest break in the case of any disputes, arguments or ugly incidents occurring.
- You must ensure, encourage, and adopt a culture of promoting, a safe working environment at each event the subject of a Booking.
- You may engage Temporary Staff to work directly for you (as either an employee or contractor). By making a Booking of Temporary Staff, you have the benefit of being able to work with potential recruits on a long or short term basis prior to you recruiting Temporary Staff to work directly for you.
- If you engage any Temporary Staff to work directly for you (as either an employee or contractor), you must pay to Show Support a recruitment fee of $10,000 + GST (Recruitment Fee), within 7 days of demand by Show Support.
- You agree to ensure that Occupational Health and Safety requirements are met from the time Temporary Staff arrive on Site until the Temporary Staff finish providing the Services with respect to the event the subject of the Booking.
- You must conduct and prepare safety assessments including site inductions, work method statements, job safety analysis and risk assessments on Site prior to any Temporary Staff arriving on Site and you must ensure that all such matters take into account the Services to be provided by any Temporary Staff on Site together with ingress and egress to the Site and transport home from the Site. You acknowledge that Temporary Staff cannot be expected to perform safety assessments on Site.
- You assume full responsibility for the occupational health and safety of each Temporary Staff from the time that he or she arrives on Site until he or she arrives at his or her residence after leaving the Site and that during all such times you must ensure that all Temporary Staff are working in a safe working environment.
- You agree to ensure a safe working environment for all Temporary Staff (including in relation to the health, safety and welfare of the Temporary Staff) and to comply with all applicable Commonwealth and state legislation, laws and regulations including legislation, laws and regulations regarding anti-discrimination and sexual harassment.
- You hereby warrant and guarantee that all equipment that you will supply at any time for use by Temporary Staff will be safe when used and will satisfy any occupational health and safety regulations (including by ensuring that any documentation and log books required by the occupational health and safety regulations are up to date).
- You must regularly service all equipment to be used by Temporary Staff in providing the Services and must not request any Temporary Staff to perform Services:
- that they are not physically capable of performing; or
- that are against occupational, health and safety laws or regulations.
- You must supervise all Temporary Staff during the provision of the Services and supply any equipment required to protect Temporary Staff during the provision of the Services, including personal protective equipment (PPE). For example, you must supply hard hats and safety vests where necessary to protect Temporary Staff.
- You agree to ensure that Temporary Staff wear steel capped safety boots at all times. You agree that at any time if a Temporary Staff does not wear steel capped safety boots you will not allow them to provide the Services and you will contact Show Support immediately.
- You agree and acknowledge that you will not ask Temporary Staff to operate machinery that they are unticketed for.
- You must ensure that all Temporary Staff have the correct ticket and/or drivers licence and/or other applicable licence to operate any equipment and/or vehicles during any event the subject of a Booking. If Temporary Staff do not have the correct ticket and/or license to operate the relevant equipment and/or vehicles, you must not request or direct those Temporary Staff to operate the equipment and/or vehicle.
- You agree and acknowledge that you will not request or direct any Temporary Staff to operate a vehicle and/or equipment if it is faulty and/or does not function to its full capacity and/or where the vehicle and/or equipment becomes faulty and/or does not function to its full capacity.
- You must not request or direct Temporary Staff to operate a vehicle and/or use equipment in a manner that exceeds the capability and/or capacity of the vehicle and/or equipment. You must plan the amount of weight going into any vehicle.
- Any complaints made by any of your staff with respect to any Temporary Staff must be notified to your senior management and then notified to Show Support management during Business Hours.
- Show Support reserves the right to require you to ensure that any of your staff are not in attendance at any Site at the same time as one or more Temporary Staff, where any dispute or complaint has been made by Temporary Staff with respect to those of your staff.
Contacting Show Support
- Show Support’s hours of operation are 9:30am – 12:30pm on Business Days and 1:15pm – 5pm on Business Days (collectively, Business Hours).
- Show Support will be available by telephone during Business Hours for the purposes of receiving enquiries from you about Bookings and Booking Contracts and so that you can call Show Support to request amendments to shifts and assistance with locating Temporary Staff.
- Show Support is not obliged to accept any request for amendments to shifts.
- Show Support will use its reasonable endeavours to assist you with the location of Temporary Staff, when requested by you.
- You agree and acknowledge that Temporary Staff’ contact details will not be provided to you.
- Show Support is available to be contacted by telephone on a 24 hour, 7 day per week basis to be notified of any accidents or injuries suffered by any Temporary Staff. You must notify Show Support immediately if any such accidents or injuries occur.
- You must not at any time employ or engage directly or indirectly and whether on your own behalf or on behalf of any person, company or other entity, any Temporary Staff who has been:
- introduced to you by Show Support; or
- who has provided Services to you, during the Relevant Period
- For the purposes of clause 12.1, the “Relevant Period” means:
- in the previous 12 months;
- or if clause 12.2(a) is deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, in the previous 9 months;
- or if clause 12.2(b) is deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, in the previous 6 months.
- You agree to pay Show Support $10,000 for each contravention by you of clause 12.1, irrespective of whether, in relation to the Temporary Staff the subject of the contravention:
- you approach the Temporary Staff for work directly;
- the Temporary Staff approaches you directly looking for work;
- the Temporary Staff gives you their resume at any time (even where the resume was given to you before Show Support procured the Temporary Staff to provide the Services);
- the Temporary Staff responds to a job advertisement posted by you; and/or
- the Temporary Staff previously worked for you when you were at a different company or did work for you personally.
- All Temporary Staff the subject of a Booking will be under your direction and control for the period of the event the subject of a Booking Contract while the Temporary Staff are on Site. You shall be solely responsible for all acts, errors and omissions whether wrongful, negligent or otherwise of such Temporary Staff while on Site.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither party will have any liability to the other for fines, penalties, taxes (except GST), and any exemplary, aggravated or punitive damages, liquidated damages or any indirect or consequential loss (including but not limited to loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of production or lost opportunity costs), legal costs and expenses (except reasonable legal costs awarded by a court) except where such losses are covered by an insurance policy held by the party.
- To the full extent possible by law, Show Support shall have no liability to you for any non-performance of any Temporary Staff, and for any other acts or omissions of any Temporary Staff, and you hereby irrevocably release Show Support from all such liability.
- To the full extent possible by law, you acknowledge and agree that Show Support is not liable for any parking fines incurred by any Temporary Staff on any Site. Any parking fines will be deemed the result of instructions given by you to the Temporary Staff and you must pay all such parking fines.
- To the full extent possible by law, you acknowledge and agree that Show Support is not liable for any driving infringement fines (including speeding fines or red light camera fines) incurred by any Temporary Staff while performing any Services the subject of a Booking Contract.
- Show Support does not accept any liability for loss, expense or damage arising from any wrongful act, omission or negligence of any temporary staff and you release Show Support from all liability for any loss, wrongful act or omission and or negligence of any Show Support temporary staff except you are not required to release Show Support from the proportion of liability that is has at law in the absence of this Agreement.
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Indemnity and Release
- Either party may terminate a Booking Contract with immediate effect by giving written notice to the other party if the other party suffers an Insolvency Event.
Definitions and Interpretation
Bookings: an offer by you to Show Support for Show Support to procure Temporary Staff to provide Services.
Business Day: a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday) when banks in Sydney are open for business.
Crew: a specific type of Temporary Staff designated by Show Support as “Crew”.Crew Chief: a specific type of Temporary Staff designated by Show Support as “Crew Chief”.
Fees: Show Support’s fees as specified on the Show Support website at www.showsupport.com.au and any amendment to those fees agreed in writing by Show Support from time to time.Force Majeure Event: any event beyond the reasonable control of Show Support.
General Crew: a specific type of Temporary Staff designated by Show Support as “General Crew”.
Groundie: a person whose purpose is to clear space for a Rigger, keeping other people out of the way or preparing barricades.
GST: has the meaning given by the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth)).
- the relevant party ceases to (or is unable to) pay its creditors (or any class of them) in the ordinary course of business;
- a receiver, receiver and manager, administrator, liquidator or similar officer is appointed to the relevant party;
- the relevant party enters into, or resolves to, enter into, a scheme or arrangement, compromise or composition with any class of creditors;
- a resolution is passed or an application to a court is taken for the winding up, dissolution or administration of the relevant party;
- any liquidator, receiver or manager enters into possession of any of the assets of the relevant party;
- the relevant party applies for, consents to, or acquiesces in the appointment of a trustee or receiver; or
Payment Terms: as specified in clause 6.
Rigger: a specific type of Temporary Staff designated by Show Support as “Rigger”.
Show Support: Show Support Pty Ltd ABN 42 112 726 833 of 152/10 Park Road, Hurstville NSW 2220.
Site: the location where Temporary Staff are to provide the Services, as specified in the Booking.
Temporary Staff: any Crew, Crew Chief, General Crew, Groundie, Rigger and/or other person engaged by Show Support to provide Services to you.
You or you: as specified in the Schedule. Your and your has a corresponding meaning.
- A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body.
- A reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to such statute or provision as amended and includes any subordinate legislation made under that statute or statutory provision, as amended or re-enacted.
- Any phrase introduced by the terms including, include, in particular or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words following those terms.
- A reference to currency is to Australian dollars.