Itβs hard to believe that we are fast approaching the busy season.
In what is considered a quiet time of year forΒ the Entertainment Industry, the lastΒ two quartersΒ have seen plenty of action.
SHS clients have been lively, with an abundance of large and small-scale productions. Naturally, Showies around the nation have been working flat out to meet these requirements, as expeditiously and proficientlyΒ as only they know how.
A big thank you goes out to our loyal SHS Crew Members for their service.
And let us not forget the dedicated men and women behind the scenes, the redoubtable SHS Ops Personnel who perform miraculous feats around the clock, under stressful and sometimes thankless conditions. These smooth operators ensure our clients get the top crew they need, when they need them, time after gig-saving time.
If this βquietβ period is anything to go by, our industry is in for a great year as things ramp up towards the business end of 2017.
Our clients may not have enjoyed much rest this year. Even so, they can rest assured that Show Support has their back; ready and willing to assist them at all hours of the day and night, steadfastly committed to their ongoing success.
Some extra points to consider:
- All SHS Crew should familiarise themselves with the General Info Page.
- Hard Hats, Safety Vests and Safety Shoes are mandatory on ALL CALL OUTS.
- Update your unavailability. Anyone with unavailability correctly updated will not be penalised if they choose to take time off for any reason.
- SMS in your times within ONE HOUR of finishing your shift.
- ASAP bookings – If you can arrive at an ASAP booking a bit later, not immediately, please call the office and advise them rather than just replying ‘No’.
- Split Shifts – If you receive a βcan you doβ for a split shift but can only do one, it is worth contacting Ops to inform them of your availability for the single shift.
- Call times, as per your confirmation messages have a + 3 hour window. If the job is not complete and the client requires you to stay ‘on the job’. You MUST stay back unless you have another shift already booked.
- Reserve Shifts are a 3 hour call, if after your three hour call is up, the client decides to keep you, you must stay back. That is the whole purpose of your reserve shift.Β
- Be sure to answer the βcan you doβ messages even if you are not taking the shift.