SHSPO 045 [V1.0] Approval:
SHS Safety CommitteeΒ
Issue Date: 11th March 2020
Review Date: 11th March 2021
This policy sets out Show Supportβs intention to:
1. Promote awareness for Crew Members and employees about the Coronavirus outbreak
2. Ensure Crew Members and employees are aware of the isolation/quarantine periods in accordance with advice from the Australian Government Department of Health
3. Provide clear advice to Crew Members and employees about actions they should take if they become unwell or think they may have the symptoms of coronavirus, in accordance with advice from the Australian Government Department of Health and state or territory health department
In the policy, the following definitions apply:
Please read advice from the Australian Department of Health regarding the Coronavirus (Covid-19) Outbreak in the link below.
Special restrictions apply for any Crew Members and employees who have travelled from overseas or who think they may have been in close contact of a confirmed case of Coronavirus.
To help limit the spread of Coronavirus, Crew Members and employees must isolate themselves in the following circumstances:
Any Crew Member or employee who becomes unwell and thinks they may have symptoms of coronavirus, seek medical attention.
Any Crew Member or employee who has been diagnosed with coronavirus must self-isolate at home for 14 days.
Anyone with serious symptoms such as difficulty breathing must call 000 for urgent medical help.
Crew Members and employees also have a duty to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and to not adversely affect the health and safety of others. Crew Members and Employees should be reminded to always practice good hygiene and other measures to protect themselves and others against infection. This includes:
1. Crew Members and employees are not Fit for Work if:
2. Crew Members and employees who are not Fit For Work must not attend any Show Support Shifts until they have submitted a medical certificate clearing them for work to Operations on email@example.com
3. Clients, Onsite Contacts, Venue Personnel, Security Officers, Medical Staff and SHS Supervisors may terminate the shift of any Crew Members and employees who are not Fit For Work.
4. Crew Members and employees must comply with reasonable instructions for the health and safety of themselves and others including:
5. Crew Members and employees who believe they may not be Fit for Work for upcoming shift/s must alert Operations as soon as possible by calling 1300973016 or 0295562011.
6. SHS Supervisors must complete the Incident Report Form to report any breaches of this policy.